Four manuscript copies housed in three separate repositories will be transcribed, according to challenge guidelines, by four ten-member teams. The teams and texts are the following:
- Team 1, so named because the text appears in one column throughout the manuscript, will transcribe the version housed at the Bibliothèque Nationale de France, Fonds Français 14964, ff. 1r-117v.
- Team 2, whose text appears in two columns in the manuscript, will address the texts and images now kept at the Bibliothèque Nationale de France, Fonds Français 2173, ff 1r-56v.
- Team 3‘s manuscript is characterized by unique line headers and fillers, and is now housed in Chantilly, Bibliothèque du château, 0477, f. 1r-153v.
- Team 4 will work with a unique, four-columned text, a very large collection now known as the BnF. Bibliothèque de l’Arsenal, Ms-3516, f. 160r-180v.
- Team 5 will transcribe the version housed at the Bibliothèque Nationale de France, fonds français 24428, ff. 1r-48r, which is beautifully illustrated in a two-columned deluxe manuscript.